Friday 1 February 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to Sunnyside Art House!

This blog will follow my new adventures of running art classes for children and other crafty, creative and inspirational ideas.  I'm so excited.  I live, breathe and dream about art and so look forward to spending more time in this space.  I'm really passionate about expanding children's creativity and awakening their creative spirit. I aim to give them as many experiences as possible to use their wonderful creative minds and hands. As Pablo Picasso is famous for quoting "every child is an artist".  I can't wait to see the creations that come out of my classes.  It's such a thrill to watch and teach children about art.  I love how they are happy to get messy, love to try new things (well most of the time) and their creations and ideas always amaze me.  I aim to encourage life long creativity.

For those adults who are creative or feel they have lost touch with their creative side I will be opening up the studio once a month for an adults session.  Feel free to bring along something you are working on at home or just come along and let the creative relaxing atmosphere inspire you.  You are welcome to use the studio supplies. Just pay what you think you owe by gold coin donation or donate some supplies in return.

I've been very busy over the past month converting our double garage (that strangely sits in the middle of our back garden) into an art studio.  My poor husband complains he has lost his work shed (and yes admittedly his tools are now in the far corner) yet I believe we can share the space.  Below is  a picture of the new studio.  It's a work in progress yet I'm happy with how much it's come along.



I loved getting out all my craft and art supplies and putting them all in one space (the kids still have their own craft space upstairs as well I could never take that away they love it and spend hours there). It's amazing how many supplies you gather over the years.
I have spent many an hour researching lesson plans and ideas for my classes. It's amazing how much information is out there. There are so many inspirational bloggers, art teachers, parents, homeschoolers and just crafty people. Thank you to all those amazing people, you have inspired me and given me the confidence to do something I love. Check out my favourites area for links to some of these inspirational websites.
Well that's it for now.  I promise my future blogs will be MUCH shorter.  I will post again after my first class on Tuesday, wish me luck.....

Cheers
Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment