What you need:
- White A3 paper
- Cool Colour Paints (I just used a set of 6 cool colour Tempera cakes that I have)
- Big Paintbrushes
- Oil Pastels (ensure there is white)
- I asked them to paint their backgrounds by using every colour in the paint pan. This ensured there was a mix of colour in the background.
- Leave to dry (we left it to the next week)
- Draw on jellyfish using a white oil pastel
- Use coloured oil pastels for further details if they wish
Jellyfish can be so pretty....
If you have any children away for week one when you paint the backgrounds, this lesson also works really well on black paper - check this one out: