I'm very thankful of Cassie Stephens who is a huge inspiration to me and whose blog and videos are so helpful. I actually showed Cassie's simple embroidery for kids video to the children - they loved her American accent and funny sayings.
|This 7 year old really enjoyed trying out different stitches..|
What you need:
- Hessian (burlap to those in the US) - I purchased a whole roll of it and cut it into squares yet you can buy pre-cut squares in different colours.
- Embroidery needles or plastic wool ones
- Embroidery thread or yarn
- Embroidery hoops (optional)
- We watched Cassie's video first
- If children wanted to do a picture they drew that in chalk first
- Then they started the embroidery
- Some children could just practice stitches and use Elizabeth as inspiration. This worked particularly well with some of the younger children.