Monday 12 August 2013

Colourful Pinch Pots and Pinch Pot Creations


Last week the children finally got to take home their pottery work.  Its been a long process for them yet the wait as been worth it.  Aren't they gorgeous???  There were so many lovely pieces it was hard to decide which photos to include.  I think every piece is special.  For most of the children this was their first ever piece of pottery.  The majority of the pieces were made by 5 & 7 year olds.


I posted about the pinch pots back in February click here for that post.  And I don't think I ever posted about the pinch pot creations.  Each child was asked to make a pinch pot and then turn it into something. We had an elephant, a turtle, a helmet, a hat, a ladybird, a cat, a few monsters (my suggestion as I'd seen this done on Deep Space Sparkle) and a fish.


This was my first time teaching children to make and glaze pottery so I was a little nervous about how they would turn out.  The glazes & underglazes were also new and untested.  I have to say I'm chuffed with the results - well done kids!  And a special thanks to my pottery teacher, Penny who offered advice and fired all the pieces for me.  Penny knows everything there is to know about pottery - click here for her website.













Cheers
Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment