Monday 10 August 2015

Pom Pom Animals / Pets


This lesson has been on my "to do" list for well over a year.  I just love making pom poms and so do my children.  We discovered the "easy" way of making them using just our hands or forks a year or so ago and ever since then making a pom pom can be a spur of the moment thing and is ohh so easy....  If you have never made a pom pom on your hand you must give it a go.  You can whirl up a pom pom garland in an evening just sitting there watching TV.  I can't remember where I first learnt it from yet there is a great tutorial on Made. For a tutorial on how to make a pom pom on a fork click here.


 For this lesson I first demonstrated how to make pom poms on a hand and fork then I really just left the children to it.  I did help many with the knots to make sure they were tight enough, and I controlled the glue gun to stick on all their goodies. 


A few days before this lesson I also discovered the Klutz book for Pom Pom Pets.  Its a great book and would make a great present (as all the Klutz books do).  We used some of the animals in this book as inspiration for our own creations.

What you need:
  • wool
  • florist wire
  • felt
  • mini pom poms 
  • google eyes
  • glue gun and glue sticks
  • small black beads (for noses)
How To:
  • Demonstrate how to make a pom pom on a hand and with a fork
  • Help the children make the pom poms and trim them
  • Attach two pom poms together by threading wire through them and looping the ends so it stays together.
  • Get them to cut out felt for ears etc
  • Assemble animal / pet by sticking on all the "bits" with the glue gun
  • Admire and play
Our cute animals / pets:


























Cheers
Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment