These tied in nicely with Earth Day and Autumn Leaves which were both on my mind that week. I love how some of the kids got really creative with their leaf arrangements and use of watercolours.
What you need:
- A3 white paper
- Watercolour paints (we used liquid watercolours)
- Fresh leaves from the garden
- Paint back of leaf with watercolours
- Put leaf paint down onto paper
- Put a scrap of newspaper on top
- Push down or use a rolling pin to flatten and press into paper
- Remove scrap paper and leaf - marvel at your leaf imprint
- Repeat with different leaves and colours
We also made these great play dough earths. It proved no children are too old to play with play dough. Even the 11 year old's liked this activity. Directions can be found on a couple of websites - I like the ones here. I used this no cook play dough recipe.
A very belated Happy Earth Day everyone!