Thursday 13 April 2017

Kindness Elves

When I first read about Kindness Elves on the Imagination Tree website I loved the idea.  We don't have an elf on a shelf yet we probably would if my children were a little younger.  I think the kindness elves are a great alternative.  I'm a big fan of random acts of kindness and these elves are a great way to encourage positive behaviours.  

 

I couldn't order elves for all my students yet I did think I'm sure we can make these ourselves.  Obviously it was up to the parents how they were used.  I sent the parents an email explaining the concept and left it up to them if they moved them around or not.  For the children I told them that sometimes the elves can become magical and move around, yet regardless if they moved or not they should do some kindness acts leading up to Christmas.  Christmas is a time of giving and doing things for people you love.  We discusssed ideas...

What you need:
  • Wood peg dolls
  • Fabric scraps, felt scraps
  • Scissors
  • Wool
  • Black marker for faces
  • Hot glue gun
  • Ribbon, buttons, Pom poms etc
How to:
  • I just put out the supplies and let the children work it out themselves
  • I stood at the hot glue gun station and just glued whatever they asked
The Results:

The children really loved this project and some made quite a few elves.  We even had accessories for them too.

 

    

Cheers
FIONA

No comments:

Post a Comment