I love how these turned out. I have children aged 5 to 12 in my classes yet I was able to complicate or simplify the process to suit.
What you need:
- IKEA cork trivets (white spray paint optional)
- Embroidery thread
- Map pins (I got big ones and little ones)
- Tracing paper for designs
- Get the children to draw or trace their design onto tracing paper
- Place tracing paper on cork trivet
- Place pins over outline of design
- Rip off paper (carefully on an angle)
- Tie first thread to a pin, wrap around pins going back and forth, continue until design is completed. Change threads when you need a colour change.
Stunning! Great work kids!!!